Justin created Attitude Inc, a clothing brand that became an international licensing success that turned over in excess of $20 million per year. His success was so well noted that he was named the International Entrepreneur of the Year for 2005. He recently was also awarded the Future Leaders Award, which recognises him as being one of the 50 most influential leaders of the next generation in Australia.
He is also Managing Director of Customer Culture, one of Australia’s leading customer service and customer engagement training companies, that not only teaches staff the how to give great service, but more importantly, why it is needed.
In this episode we discuss:
- 02:00: The genesis of the Attitude range clothing and how it exploded so quickly
- 04:40: The challenges and growing pains he went through when he created his empire
- 08:05: The time frame of his business growth
- 09:20: Dangers of comparisons in products and business
- 11:05: Why is customer experience is always talked about but never done
- 16:25: Customer retention and simplifying customer experience
- 18:25: Recovering when things go wrong in your customer experience and the importance of having the skills to know the personality type of your staff
- 20:30: What is the initiative gap?
- 23:05: Why do businesses operate in a transactional way even if it is a relational one?
- 29:26: How emotions play a big role in sales
- 30:34: The mechanics for creating a great customer experience
- 33:15: What are the other processes and trainings beyond the set standards
- 36:30: The pros and cons of automations and humanisation of your business
- 40:00: The things that he did really well and the lessons he learned from his experiences
- 44:10: Why it’s important to be noticed, be different and stand out.