In Episode 170 of the Savvy Dentist Podcast, Oscar Trimboli, an expert on the subject of deep listening joins us to talk about how we can quiet the mind, improve our listening skills with ourselves, our team and our patients and apply these skills to our dental practice.
Oscar has over 30 years experience in bringing out the best in senior executives and next-generation leaders. He has worked with numerous large companies such as Paypal, SAP, Microsoft, Icomm and many more. Oscar is the author of 3 books: Deep Listening: Impact Beyond Words, Breakthroughs, and 125-400 Rule.
In this episode we discuss:
- 02:40: Oscar’s observations on dentists as a patient.
- 05:58: Deep listening versus normal listening.
- 09:13: How to quiet the mind and 3 tips to listen better.
- 19:46: 5 levels that a deep listener goes through.
- 21:19: Why listening to yourself is the foundation of deep listening.
- 23:17: Other levels of deep listening and how you can apply it to your practice and life.
- 32:12: Benefits of deep listening on your practice.
- 35:40: Where intuition fits in the 5 levels of listening.
- 39:48: Vulnerability in the workplace.
- 43:12: Parting thoughts from Oscar.