In this episode, we talk about leadership, growth, productivity, kindness and just good vibes with Steve Gilliland. Steve is a member of the Speaker Hall of Fame and is one of the most in-demand and top-rated speakers in the world. He is also an accomplished author of 6 books: Detour, Enjoy The Ride, Hide Your Goat, Making a Difference, The Cherry on Top and Turn the Page which perennially make the publisher’s bestseller list and his being named Author of the Year.
In this episode we discuss:
- [00:51] Steve tells us about his childhood and background.
- [05:47] What Steve enjoys about sports.
- [07:47] Things that help with having a productive mindset.
- [11:20] Why you need to start growing yourself before growing others.
- [12:50] The journey he went through as he wrote his books.
- [17:58] Leadership in the context of uncertainty.
- [22:48] How you can change the story.
- [31:58] Skills and thought processes that helped him identify opportunities.
- [41:57] Where kindness fits in our day-to-day life.
Find out more