I’m chatting to Steve Shallenberger about being the best that you can be, developing your leadership skills, and building a wonderful team that can support you in your quest to build a wonderful dental practice.
Steve Shallenberger has more than forty years of experience as a successful business owner, a trusted senior executive, professional corporate trainer, and a respected community leader.
After graduating from Brigham Young University in 1976, Steve launched Eagle Systems International, a global leadership and management consulting firm.
He has successfully led companies in four different industries and has a keen understanding of how to thrive in business.
During those formative years, he continued his education at the Harvard Business School.
Steve also worked many years with Stephen R. Covey. As a key leader, among others, he helped build the world-renowned Covey Leadership Center.
He’s taken his lifetime of experience and founded Becoming Your Best Global Leadership LLC, a company devoted to helping individuals and organisations achieve their maximum potential!
In this episode, we discuss:
- 9:28: The three categories of great leadership skills
- 10:54: The importance of vision and how to create it
- 24:10: What does it mean to be “transformational” and why is it so powerful
- 25:20: How to make rapid progress
- 30:04: Why the growth of the business is tied to the growth of the leader
- 32:55: Can anyone improve their leadership skills?
- 35:00: A simple plan for how to become your best
- 38:57: Why the opposite of success is not failure
- 45:46: The importance of having mentors in your life
- And much more!