Episode 161 of the Savvy Dentist Podcast we have a conversation with Rael Bricker as he gives tips and tricks on how to run and scale your business; how culture plays a big role in business; and how you can apply these things to your dental practice. We also talk about his book “Dive In: Lessons Learned Since Business School.”
In this episode we discuss:
- 02:13: Things Rael learned before business school and the story of his quest to learn more about business.
- 05:58: His emotional reaction about learning more about business.
- 07:22: 3 things to think and learn about to create culture in your business with a degree of intention and authenticity.
- 11:42: 2 tools that can be used for the process of measuring culture.
- 14:22: Learnings of Rael when he reflected on his work underground for a mining company.
- 17:30: His experiences, lessons learned and problems encountered about giving up control and how he got through it.
- 24:32: More about “Chapter 5 – Business is about sales (Don’t tell the marketing gurus)” of his book and how he relates this to sales in dental practices.
- 27:42: What to do for post-sale sales and customer retention.
- 32:15: Challenges and pitfalls he went through in his scaling process and the steps he took and lessons he learned in his rapid trajectory. He also gives examples of how you can apply these things in your dental practice.
- 40:27: Best tips from Rael for running your business.