We all know how important it is to have patients experience fantastic service, especially customer service. More often than not, we know what to do but we don’t necessarily practice it. So, in Episode 162 of the Savvy Dentist Podcast, we talk about practical ways to lift your game in the area of customer service with Martin Grunstein. Martin has worked with over 500 companies across more than 100 industries that have made him the most in-demand speaker on the subject of customer service.
In this episode we discuss:
- 02:19: Why customer service important and how it has changed over the years.
- 02:55: The importance of human to human marketing despite technological advances available in communication.
- 04:11: The risk of commoditisation in industries.
- 05:16: Tips on how to price your services better.
- 07:47: Learning to communicate your intangibles effectively and applying it to your dental practice.
- 10:51: Martin shares stories about a nursery and cafe industry and how the dental industry can learn from it.
- 13:24: How Dr Jesse Green applied the nursery and cafe example to his own dental practice.
- 15:17: Some tips from Martin regarding the things that surprise him the most in the world of customer service today.
- 17:29: Learning how to distinguish employees who are gems for your business. Martin also gives examples of how customer service is so important in any industry.
- 22:35: Martin explains the rule of awesome customer service and shows us the difference between professional and friendly relationships between dentists and patients.
- 24:16: Mending relationships after complaints.
- 27:59: Martin discusses how loyalty and referrals come from patients after their complaints are handled well.
- 31:30: Why is good service so uncommon?
- 33:10: 2 things dentists should focus in their practice to help them become successful both in business and life and have an enjoyable professional experience for themselves and the patient.
- 37:48: The value of customer retention for your business.