In Episode 169 of the Savvy Dentist Podcast, our topic will be resilience – what it means and how to develop it. Michael Licenblat, our guest, is an expert on this. He is the author of Pressure Proof where he explains how to perform better under pressure, change and setbacks; and how to build your natural resilience to turn tension and pressure into energy and enthusiasm.
In this episode we discuss:
- 01:40: The story of how Michael started working in this space.
- 03:36: Developing the skill of resilience as a very important part of the future.
- 06:04: The aspects of uncertainty, how accessibility has changed, and how technology turns on our attention constantly.
- 10:00: How accessibility and technology have made us so connected and disconnected at the same time.
- 10:42: Things that deter you from performing at your peak and using your time consciously.
- 14:40: Things you need to know and practice to thrive and perform better.
- 16:16: My own experience with burnout.
- 17:26: Learning where and how to grit your teeth.
- 20:15: The reason people are now struggling with delayed gratification.
- 24:25: Practical strategies to help overcome setbacks.
- 28:47: Why you don’t have to be perfect.
- 31:13: Productivity, engagement, growth mindset and resilience in the team.
- 35:11: Where necessary conversations fit in resilience and bouncing back.
- 40:32: Words of wisdom from Michael.