In Episode 172 of the Savvy Dentist Podcast we are joined by Scott Stein to talk about his expertise on leadership. He has helped thousands of leaders around the world and focuses on helping them implement and fastrack strategies that will improve results. He shares a wealth of knowledge with us on how to improve leadership skills, overcome common frustrations experienced by business owners, effectively handle meetings and address the problem on the addiction to technology and social media.
Scott works in the thought leadership space. He’s a sought-after international speaker and a best-selling author, with 4 books under his sleeve. His most recent publication, Leadership Hacks, is what we discuss in today’s conversation.
In this episode we discuss:
- 02:30: The reason for the lack of leadership in some organizations.
- 03:22: Three essential elements of good leadership.
- 04:35: Recommendations for developing a growth mindset for leaders.
- 06:54: Steps for enhancing skills that a leader needs.
- 09:11: Delegation as a common frustration for business owners.
- 12:50: The possibility of technical people to get off the tools and the key steps they need to take to step up.
- 17:55: Characteristics that leaders need to consider to become the best for their team.
- 20:50: The challenge of information overload and technology.
- 22:32: The issue on the overuse of and the addiction to social media.
- 24:39: Better ways that leaders can practice in their business.
- 26:22: The scale of the e-mail and social media checking problem today.
- 30:08: Email hacks you can do to manage your emails.
- 32:18: How to run effective and efficient meetings.
- 34:26: Frequency of meetings needed for teams.
- 35:49: Pearls of wisdom from Scott on leadership.