This is part 3 of our Practice Success Series which is aimed to help you set up 2021 to be your best year ever. In this episode, we discuss how we manage setbacks and failures. Generally, dentists are bright but what I’ve most noticed is that they are also perfectionists. Often tough on themselves, setbacks and failures are not part of their experience. So when they do occur they have a tougher time dealing with it. This is what we’re going to address today.
In this episode we discuss:
- [03:38] Setbacks and failures are normal.
- [05:03] It’s okay to feel disappointment.
- [05:36] Follow the 3 A’s Model.
- [06:44] Knowing how to manage your blind spots.
- [07:45] Don’t get caught up in the emotional stories we tell ourselves.
- [08:47] Learn from the lessons of the setbacks and failures.
- [10:40] Understanding that setbacks and failures are a part of life.