Have you ever attended a meeting and didn’t know what it was about or why you’re even attending it? Well, my guest today, Mamie Kanfer Stewart is going to share so much pearls of wisdom on having meetings that actually work. Yes, meetings can be worthwhile, effective and outcome-focused. If you want this for your business or for your team, I assure you you’re going to get some tactical and practical tips that you’ll be able to apply from the get-go.
In this episode we discuss:
- [02:35] How she found her way into building her career around meetings.
- [04:35] Why meetings have become excruciating.
- [06:08] Outcomes of a good meeting and how it leads to a successful business.
- [07:44] Common mistakes made in conducting business meetings.
- [13:05] Filtering process to pick projects.
- [14:40] Top reasons for having meetings.
- [16:27] Mamie tells us a story of her client’s Aha! moment in running meetings.
- [18:30] Tips for having effective meetings.
- [21:55] How to encourage people who don’t want to speak and participate in meetings.
- [25:15] The role of the facilitator – what we might look at or think about.
- [29:34] The concept of virtual meetings and its effectiveness.