As dental business owners we need to take care of our patients as well as our team that we often neglect to take care of ourselves. In this episode, I’ve invited Dr. Anikó Ball to talk about looking after ourselves in the physical and emotional perspective. She is well-known for the work that she does in helping dentists achieve perfect posture from a working perspective and making sure that they take care of their physical and spiritual wellbeing. Our conversation was so interesting and I reckon you will learn so much in this episode to increase the longevity of your career and help take care of yourself so you can take care of those around you as well.
In this episode we discuss:
- [04:05] The origin of stress in the field of dentistry.
- [07:46] Stress levels of dentists among various professions.
- [09:19] Signs of stress and red flags we need to pay attention to.
- [13:09] Being trained as dentists to find fault and carrying it in our personal lives.
- [16:15] Adopting and being at peace with being good enough.
- [19:32] The impact of self-care on team leadership, maintaining good standards and being compassionate.
- [24:14] Addressing performance issues of team members with love and kindness.
- [29:25] Understanding clinical hypnosis and what it does.
- [33:41] What led her to learn self-hypnosis.
- [36:21] Dr. Anikó shares about processing trauma.
- [40:02] Physical elements of dentistry and how it affects dentists.
- [43:55] How the changes in science, materials and techniques is impacting the problem of muscular-skeletal issues of dentists.
- [45:20] Common mistakes people make when setting themselves up for work.
- [49:05] Setting up your space for surgery that allows for a good working environment.
- [51:22] Tips for keeping our body in the best working order through physical self care.
- [54:35] Practicing physical self-care and mental wellbeing to increase the longevity of your career.