Developing and growing your leadership capabilities is such an important topic we need to discuss. Today, we are looking at it through the lens of running a dental practice with leadership expert Sally Foley-Lewis. Sally is a global professional speaker, author, CEO, and coach. We are going to share how leadership starts with you, how to understand self-leadership, grow your team, develop other leaders, and give you tools and tactics to become more effective and productive in your role.
In this episode we discuss:
- [02:56] The impetus that led her to think about working on leadership and productivity.
- [06:23] How workplace loneliness is a common thing.
- [08:32] The struggle to delegate things to team members.
- [12:24] Handling delegations in your business.
- [14:59] Secrets you need to know to learn how to delegate.
- [18:49] Falling into the busy trap.
- [21:17] Tips on growing your business.
- [23:57] The importance of self-leadership and why it comes before leading others.
- [27:36] Creating the space for our team to give us reflective feedback.
- [31:50] Outcomes of incremental changes she sees in the coaching she does.
- [34:35] Basics for setting and maintaining reasonable boundaries.
- [39:00] Practising productivity when you have freed up your time.
- [46:27] The correlation between productivity and the amount of holidays people take.
- [49:15] Observations on leadership through the COVID pandemic.
- [54:10] Essential elements of building a leadership team.
- [59:09] Key takeaways from Sally.