How do we make our patients leave our practice with a great story to tell about us? Stories that get us more patients through word-of-mouth referrals, better reviews, and overall patient satisfaction and retention. In this episode of the Savvy Dentist Podcast, I’ve invited Dennis Snow who has had 20 years working on customer experience with the Disney Corporation. He is currently a full-time speaker, trainer, consultant, and is also the author of two books entitled Lessons from the Mouse and Unleashing Excellence. Our interesting conversation revolves around his journey, the lessons he has learned, and lessons from Disney that you can directly apply to your own dental practice.
In this episode we discuss:
- [03:25] Thoughts, lessons and insights that came with his diagnosis.
- [07:15] The role of kindness in the modern world.
- [10:20] Reason behind business struggle with customer service experience.
- [12:35] Insights around creating culture around service while dealing with different things.
- [15:18] Opportunities for business owners to embrace service as part of their culture.
- [18:50] How Disney maintained personal touch despite being a high-tech organization.
- [21:15] Taking Disney’s concepts on their onboarding process and applying it to small businesses.
- [25:35] Role of appreciation of team members as it relates to pride and customer service.
- [30:23] How to recover when things aren’t as good as it should be.
- [36:17] The difference between loyalty and retention.
- [37:34] Things Dennis most admires about Disney.
- [41:11] Dennis tells us about his books Lessons from the Mouse and Unleashing Excellence.