Building a great team is a key skill that will allow you to take your practice to the next level. But it’s never really taught in university. So how do you learn to approach hiring for your business? In this episode, we are joined by Dr. Mike Neal who is an expert at hiring and building a great support team around you. He’s an optometrist and founder of Build My Team, a company dedicated to helping health care professionals find the right team for their practice. His invention of a scientific and predictable way to hire superstar team members is going to blow your mind!
In this episode we discuss:
- [02:11] His impetus for getting into the business of teams and starting Build My Team.
- [09:16] Common pitfalls practice owners make in recruiting staff.
- [14:12] Things to think about to become better at hiring.
- [21:55] Not looking at experience when hiring staff members.
- [25:50] Walking us through the onboarding training for
- [29:47] THe differences between hiring support staff and professional staff.
- [34:38] Why “slow to hire, fast to fire” is outdated advice.
Find out more