At Savvy Dentist we pride ourselves in guiding you through the process of scaling up your business so you can earn more, work less, and enjoy more freedom.
When you free up your time, and you’re still making money, it provides you with choice in your life.
In this episode of The Savvy Dentist Podcast, Dr. Jesse Green is joined by Sam & Adam Bradshaw from Jacaranda Family Dental in Queensland.
Sam & Adam are the quintessential case study on how to scale your dental practice successfully. They have done amazing things to build (and scale) their dental practice in Gympie, Queensland.
Sam & Adam share in detail how they have built their business from one chair, to two chairs, to four chairs, to six chairs … to currently twelve chairs. They share their story, they share their experiences, they share their lessons and some of the things that have worked really well for them as they’ve embarked on their business growth these past 8 years.
In this episode we discuss:
- [3:57] – What early challenges can you expect when deciding to scale your practice?
- [5:39] – What to consider when recruiting your first employee. Hiring on attitude and culture fit can be more important than hiring on qualification.
- [5:39] – How to design and create a business culture.
- [13:42] – Massive growth is tough at times. Adam and Sam explain how they coped and what they felt in the periods of strong growth.
- [17:49] – From two chairs … to four chairs … then the decision to go to 6 chairs was made. So what details do you need to know when taking that next leap?
- [21:04] – As your business grows, so will your team. So what do you need to look out for during this phase of growth, and how do you lean on your team for culture growth so that retention is strong.
- [24:51] – Winding back your time on the ‘tools’ and resisting the temptation to be pulled back into the business is real, so what do you need to know to help understand this period?
- [29:30] – How to look after your practice manager.
- [31:20] – So when you fill up six chairs … and there’s no more space … what do you do?
- [42:00] – With more people on board in the business, what percentage does Adam contribute to revenue now and what freedom has this given to both Adam and Sam.
- [44:38] – Hang around for these final few ‘tips’ from Adam & Sam – these are worth their weight in gold if you are contemplating to scale your business in any way in the future.