Tax time is fast approaching …
In this episode of The Savvy Dentist Podcast, Dr. Jesse is joined by Brendan Campbell from Prosperity Advisors based in Brisbane.
Brendan has over a decade of accounting and taxation experience managing a variety of clients within dental and the broader health industry.
In today’s conversation Brendan and Jesse discuss strategies, tactics and insights that will help you get your tax affairs in order so that you can stay on the right side of the compliance line, while also maximising the benefits of having a business structure.
Brendan specialises in advising clients on a broad range of business issues. In particular, he supports his clients’ needs by advising on business strategies, structuring, business advisory, taxation planning and minimisation strategies.
They talk about a variety of topics including fringe benefits tax, EV’s, and professional profit allocation to name a few.
- [4:28] – Let’s talk about your tax planning for 2023 … what’s hot, and what’s not. If you are ready to buy an electric vehicle, Brendan explains why now is a good time to be purchasing one for your business.
- [12:15] – Brendan breaks down and explains in detail what an ‘instant asset write-off’ is, or it’s new ATO title, ‘Temporary full expensing’.
- [17:12] – For dental practices, what’s also hot in the tax world in 2023 are ‘Professional profits allocation’. What are they and how do they apply to your business, and why you must understand them.
- [23:15] – What is Payroll Tax and how will it change how you do business in the future?
- [41:34] – Brendan shares his top tax tips for Dental Practices to help you prepare for tax time 2023.