Pat Caldwell is a registered specialist in Endodontics. He graduated in Dentistry with Honours from the University of Queensland in 1998 and then went on to work for the Royal Australian Navy, both ashore and at sea. During this time he undertook advanced training in restorative dentistry and in 2002 was elected a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons.
In 2003 Patrick began a three year, full-time training program in endodontic therapy and microsurgery, graduating with a Masters of Dental Science in Endodontics. He has since gone on to complete additional advanced training, graduating with a Masters of Clinical Dentistry in Implant Dentistry. In 2006, he returned to work with the Royal Australian Navy and was also engaged as a Visiting Specialist at the Sydney Dental Hospital. In 2009 Patrick moved to Shanghai, China where he was the only Endodontist in a city of 21 million people.
In late 2010, Patrick returned to Brisbane and established both Brisbane Microsurgical Endodontics and Sunshine Coast Microsurgical Endodontics. He has conducted courses both nationally and internationally to help general dentists improve their endodontic skills.
In this episode we talk about:
- Effective leadership
- How to deal with difficult issues
- Working with different personalities constructivly
- The importance of a framework to achieve results or goal
- The struggles of young dentists
- How living in Shanghai changed his life
- What to do when something goes wrong
- How to accept risks and take responsibility
- The challenges in setting up a practice
- Opportunities and referrals
- Different practices he’s worked in and what he’s learned
- The importance of working hard and being committed,
- How to establish strong relationships with patients
- The foundation of good practice
- Business success, innovation and living the good life
Where to find Pat Caldwell