Aynsley is the CEO of Tayabali Tomlin, an accounting firm that specialises in working with owner-managed business to help them grow profitably. The firm has been named as one of the World’s Most Inspiring Accountants and was awarded Best Advisers to Small Businesses in the UK at the end of 2016. It has also been awarded Most Innovative Accounting Firm in the UK for the past three years for the way it does business. Particularly, for the work the firm has done in the areas of brand, culture, social purpose, customer value propositions and use of technology. All of which has helped it to stand out from the crowd and create a better experience for clients and ultimately, help them achieve better results.
Aynsley was ranked number five on the #Economia50 list of the most influential sources of finance news and information on social media in the UK. He is a regular keynote speaker and has recently presented at the ICAEW Annual Practice Growth Conference, QuickBooks Connect and was invited as a guest to Sir Richard Branson’s Necker Island, to speak to a group of entrepreneurs from around the world about how to scale profitably.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How to avoid common business owner mistakes
- The fundamental elements of a good business plan
- Which numbers you need to paying attention to (and how to get them)
- Why operating cash is more important than profit
- At what stage in your business you should consider getting finance or investment
- When you should upgrade your business systems
- And more