In this episode, I’m joined by workplace conflict resolution expert Catherine Gillespie. Catherine shares her advice around navigating and resolving conflict and cultivating a harmonious and professional workplace.
As practice owners, managing our team is a big part of our responsibilities. However, as is the nature of managing people, conflicts are bound to arise.
Catherine Gillespie brings a wealth of skill to her clients. With particular expertise in teaching communication and workplace conflict resolution skills, Catherine has made a marked difference to the organisations she has worked with. She empowers teams and managers to adopt constructive styles that support harmony, productivity and progress in the workplace. Catherine has a particular interest in Challenging Behaviours and High Conflict Personalities & Situations within the workplace.
As a qualified and Nationally Accredited Advanced Mediator, Catherine is able to support parties to more fully understand their dispute and work towards agreements for future workplace behaviours and interactions.
In this episode, we discuss:
- 4:54 Why people are seemingly so self-entitled in the workplace
- 6:10 What makes a team a team
- 9:00 Cultivating a culture that focuses on supporting the business
- 10:59 How workplace conflicts arise
- 13:04 Maintaining professional yet friendly relationships in your practice
- 17:19 Tips for creating a harmonious team
- 20:23 The importance of communicating expectations clearly
- 25:38 Understanding types of conflict
- 29:34 Mediating conflict between two coworkers
- 36:13 What harmony looks like in the workplace