Artificial intelligence and machine learning are on the rise in businesses, including the health space. As small business owners, we’re often curious about how these technological developments can help or hinder us. But as I always say, with change comes opportunity. In this episode, I bring AI expert and CEO of Complexica, Matthew Michalewicz on to the show to share his enormous insights around not just AI, but what actually makes businesses successful in an ever-changing landscape.
Matthew Michalewicz has more than 20 years of experience in starting and running high-growth tech companies, especially in the areas of predictive analytics and optimisation. He is currently the CEO of Complexica, a provider of Artificial Intelligence software for optimising sales & marketing activities, and a director of several ASX-listed companies, including Prophecy International (ASX: PRO), ComOps (ASX: COM), and LBT Innovations (ASX: LBT). He is also the author of several books, including Life in Half a Second, Winning Credibility, Puzzle-Based Learning, and Adaptive Business Intelligence.
In this episode we discuss:
- 3:55 Trends in AI and machine learning
- 5:15 What exactly is AI and “machine learning”
- 8:43 AI and machine learning the health space
- 10:11 How disruption is occurring (and how to stay ahead of it)
- 14:06 Embracing personalisation and on-demand as current trends
- 17:07 How small business can and should embrace competition and customer-centric services
- 19:13 Traits of successful entrepreneurs
- And more!