In this episode, I speak with Valerie Khoo about the role of storytelling in business marketing.
Valerie is the founder and CEO of the Australian Writers’ Centre, and author of Power Stories – 8 Stories You MUST Tell to Build an Epic Business. She also hosts two podcasts and is a keynote speaker. In this episode, you’ll hear what makes a great story, how to get into the minds of your readers, and much more.
What we chat about
- The importance of presenting data in a meaningful way
- Valerie’s simple storytelling formula
- Mode of delivery and how it affects the way you tell a story
- Common storytelling pitfalls
- Authenticity and storytelling
- The difference between sharing what’s personal and sharing your personality
- How to think about delivering your stories on different platforms
- Valerie’s three tips for storytelling in business
Find Valerie on
*** Grab your free download ***
Download my Ideal Patient Avatar. It’s going to help you get crystal clear on who you’re targeting in your marketing.
If you have more than one ideal patient (and many practices do), then complete one of these for each ideal patient. I hope you enjoy this tool and find it useful!
If you’d like to save a copy of the report right click (or control-click on a single-button Mac mouse) the link above and select “save as”.
If you have any questions and you would like to get in touch, please firstname.lastname@example.org.