In this episode of the Savvy Dentist Podcast, Clare Mullins, a coaching expert with many years of experience joins us to talk about her expertise in motivational interviewing and how dentists can apply this to their own practices.
In this conversation, Claire unpacks how you, the practice owner, can get the best of yourself and your team so that your business can go the next level. She shares absolute pearls of wisdom that you will want to apply to your business to see it grow in the areas of harmony, productivity, and improvement.
In this episode we discuss:
- [02:47] The story of how Claire found her way from health care to mentoring and coaching.
- [04:46] What fascinates Claire about psychology.
- [05:53] General application of coaching skills in business.
- [06:46] Fundamental differences of coaching and mentoring.
- [07:50] Possible outcomes of coaching teams.
- [09:01] Claire tells us about motivational interviewing and what it involves.
- [10:22] 4 steps of a motivational interview.
- [11:56] Evoking skills a successful motivational interviewer possesses.
- [13:46] Motivating yourself to accomplish the things you need to do.
- [15:20] Common mistakes dental practice owners are making when trying to guide and build their team and what they can do about it.
- [20:14] Claire’s thoughts about dealing with context shifts in roles and maintain productivity at the same time.
- [22:19] The things make the biggest difference across business.
- [26:46] Being conscious about how we communicate and creating an environment with a specific intention.
- [28:39] Important takeaways from the conversation.