<div class=”row” style=”background-color: white;”><!– –><table style=”width: 100%;”><!– –><tbody><!– –><tr><!– –><td style=”text-align: center;”><a href=”https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/the-savvy-dentist-with-dr-jesse-green/id1097462807?mt=2″> <img src=”http://drjessegreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/itunes-download.png” alt=”” width=”137″ height=”50″ /> </a></td><!– –><td style=”text-align: center;”><a href=”https://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=157204&refid=stpr”><img src=”http://drjessegreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/stitcher-01.png” alt=”” width=”195″ height=”50″ /> </a></td><!– –><td style=”text-align: center;”><a href=”https://audioboom.com/posts/7487521-leaders-who-lead.mp3″ target=”_blank” rel=”https://audioboom.com/posts/7487521-leaders-who-lead.mp3 noopener”><img class=”alignnone” src=”http://drjessegreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/download-2062197_960_720.png” alt=”” width=”158″ height=”50″ /></a></td><!– –></tr><!– –></tbody><!– –></table><!– –></div>
Episode 202 of the Savvy Dentist Podcast is a wide-ranging, practical and very interesting interview with Kate Russell, an expert with an extensive background in mediation and conflict resolution.
We all know that the ability to create a self-managing team for our own practices is critical. Kate shares heaps of information for business owners like you on the essential skills you need to help you get the most from your team. She also discusses important things you need to know about conflict and conflict resolution in teams. The episode is full of gems that you wouldn’t want to miss.
In this episode we discuss:
- [02:43] The story of how Kate found her way into leadership and conflict resolution.
- [05:23] Her observations about the human character in her role as a legal aid.
- [07:00] Her impetus to writing her book, Leaders Who Lead.
- [09:27] Her thoughts on the reason why leadership is not taught broadly.
- [11:15] The problem of business owners managing people.
- [11:42] Leadership skills can be developed.
- [12:10] How to increase your self-awareness.
- [13:51] Common mistakes people make in their leadership.
- [15:20] Usual source of conflict in teams.
- [16:41] Tools needed to create clarity.
- [20:00] Using Disc Profile in leadership.
- [21:54] Tips on having difficult conversations without having resentment or anxiety and getting an outcome.
- [25:41] How conflict can be good in teams.
- [30:36] Mediating conflict between team members.
- [36:10] Kate’s advice for business owners.
- [37:36] Leaders that best exemplify leadership for Kate.
Find out more
- Savvy Dentist Website
- Savvy Dentist Academy
- Savvy Dentist: Earn More, Work Less Video Series: 20 Pro Tips Created To Help You Power Up Your Practice’s Performance
- Dr Jesse Green Dentist Only Facebook Group
- Dr Jesse Green Podcast
- Savvy Dentist App on the App Store
- Savvy Dentist App on Google Play Store
- Savvy Dentist Facebook Group