Our guest on Episode 206 of the Savvy Dentist Podcast has been around in the profession for decades. Dr. Brad Wright is the owner of Dentalegal Solutions, a business that provides legal services for dental professionals. Brad is both a dentist and barrister so his understanding of the profession is immense.
We’ve covered quite a lot of ground in this interview such as handling disputes and conflict, getting consent from patients, top things to look out for when buying or selling your practice, common legal mistakes practice owners make and so much more. It was a very thorough and encompassing interview you wouldn’t want to miss.
In this episode we discuss:
- [02:58] The backstory of how Brad became a dentist and barrister.
- [05:19] His skills transference from being a dentist to a barrister.
- [07:23] Things in dentistry today that surprise him.
- [09:29] How the reduction in professionalism is affecting the protection of the public.
- [11:51] Building resilience around complaints.
- [13:58] Common mistakes dentists make from a legal perspective.
- [15:19] Appropriate procedure for letting patients know about the treatments they are going to go through.
- [21:21] Dealing with the dispute resolution process.
- [27:01] The beginning and end of a practice owner’s liability for associate dentists.
- [30:10] Issues with contracting, employment and SFAs.
- [33:26] Dealing with young dentists who insist on contracting or SFAs.
- [35:15] Common pitfalls on contracts for sale from the vendor and purchaser’s perspective.
- [37:23] Top 5 things buyers are not considering when purchasing a practice.
- [41:35] Considerations to take on registred business names when buying.
Find out more
- Scaling Summit
- Savvy Dentist Website
- Savvy Dentist Academy
- Savvy Dentist: Earn More, Work Less Video Series: 20 Pro Tips Created To Help You Power Up Your Practice’s Performance
- Dr Jesse Green Dentist Only Facebook Group
- Dr Jesse Green Podcast
- Savvy Dentist App on the App Store
- Savvy Dentist App on Google Play Store
- Savvy Dentist Facebook Group