Dr. Tony Liu, together with Dr. Chu Tan are the founders of Berwick Dental Studio in Melbourne. I’ve invited Tony today to talk about the hypergrowth of the practice since they formed it 2 years ago.
This hot-seat interview is full of pearls of wisdom on achieving and managing practice growth as well as taking advantage of opportunities. We talk about the challenges they faced, transitioning to a balanced life, bringing in associates to the practice and so much more. There’s so much to be learnt from this conversation and I can’t wait to share them with you.
In this episode we discuss:
- [02:15] How Tony found his way into practice ownership.
- [03:34] Key practices he’s modeled from other practices and mentors.
- [04:00] The reason behind their practice growth.
- [05:26] Where dentists fall into the trap of being the same as everyone else.
- [05:57] The story of how they knew that the difference makes the difference.
- [07:58] The changes he has seen and the things he has learned in his journey building the practice.
- [08:57] Stressful things about growth.
- [11:03] Hours they worked to get the growth of their business.
- [13:24] The transition to creating balance in his life.
- [16:28] Their experience in bringing on associates in the practice.
- [17:22] Refining the process of hiring people into the practice.
- [18:47] Things they have done to maximise time and create leverage points in their practice.
- [21:13] What surprises him when he looks at the market.
- [25:13] The next challenge they’re going to solve in their practice.
Find out more
- 2-week Trial at the Savvy Dentist Website
- Free: COVID Care Pack for Dental Practice Owners
- Scaling Summit
- Savvy Dentist Website
- Savvy Dentist Academy
- Savvy Dentist: Earn More, Work Less Video Series: 20 Pro Tips Created To Help You Power Up Your Practice’s Performance
- Dr Jesse Green Dentist Only Facebook Group
- Dr Jesse Green Podcast
- Savvy Dentist App on the App Store
- Savvy Dentist App on Google Play Store
- Savvy Dentist Facebook Group