Our guest on the Savvy Dentist Podcast today is Dr. John Hagiliassis, founder of the Aesthetic Orthodontic and Restorative Training Academy (AORTA). He is also a dental practice owner who has sold and bought businesses, entrepreneur, and has been listed in the BIW Fast 100 magazine.
John joins us today to talk about fast growth, key lessons from growth, creating great brands, providing patient experience that rocks, creating and scaling a business, and maintaining great relationships in and outside the practice. Our conversation is filled with heaps of gold nuggets that you’ll definitely learn from.
In this episode we discuss:
- [02:20] John shares his background and journey to becoming a dentist.
- [06:08] The most influential person that created the drive in him.
- [08:00] The definition of fast business growth.
- [09:15] The similarities and differences of the Global Financial Crisis and the Coronavirus pandemic.
- [14:18] Role of technology in dentistry moving forward.
- [16:35] Learnings from the growth his business achieved.
- [18:09] Evolution of his leadership in the process of growth.
- [19:57] Going through mistakes along the way.
- [21:00] Process of making decisions.
- [22:00] His rationale for pivoting into AORTA.
- [24:00] The sale of his practice.
- [25:57] Learnings from running AORTA.
- [27:35] New and transferable skill sets they needed and the challenges they went through as they made the transition from running a practice to running AORTA.
- [31:44] Future plans for John.
Find out more
- 2-week Trial at the Savvy Dentist Website
- Free: COVID Care Pack for Dental Practice Owners
- Scaling Summit
- Savvy Dentist Website
- Savvy Dentist Academy
- Savvy Dentist: Earn More, Work Less Video Series: 20 Pro Tips Created To Help You Power Up Your Practice’s Performance
- Dr Jesse Green Dentist Only Facebook Group
- Dr Jesse Green Podcast
- Savvy Dentist App on the App Store
- Savvy Dentist App on Google Play Store
- Savvy Dentist Facebook Group