There is power in your voice and this is what we’re discussing in our wide-ranging conversation with Maria Pellicano on Episode 205 of the Savvy Dentist Podcast. Maria is a singer, voice coach and public speaking trainer and she helps people communicate effectively with others so that their messages are delivered the way it’s intended.
In this interview, Maria shares with us some practical tips on how to use elements of voice to enhance and deliver the message we are trying to convey. We also talk about handling specific scenarios in dentistry between dentists, clients and team members and so much more. If you apply and take her tips to heart, you will definitely improve your communication skills.
In this episode we discuss:
- [02:53] How Maria found her way into the world of voice coaching.
- [05:06] The importance of using your voice to deliver your message.
- [06:54] Communicating effectively by bringing intention to the way you use your voice and coupling it with words you choose.
- [08:46] Using different voices for different scenarios.
- [12:49] Elements needed to create the voice and style of communication you want to achieve.
- [15:32] Voice tones and paces to use in a specific scenario with a client.
- [18:38] Strategies to employ when dealing with conflict in your team.
- [23:18] Signs and cues to look out for to help interpret voices.
- [30:46] 3 Key things to consider in communicating and using their voice effectively.
Find out more
- Maria Pellicano Website
- Maria Pellicano Twitter
- Maria Pellicano LinkedIn
- Maria Pellicano YouTube
- Maria Pellicano Instagram
- Harness Your Voice Facebook Page
- Scaling Summit
- Savvy Dentist Website
- Savvy Dentist Academy
- Savvy Dentist: Earn More, Work Less Video Series: 20 Pro Tips Created To Help You Power Up Your Practice’s Performance
- Dr Jesse Green Dentist Only Facebook Group
- Dr Jesse Green Podcast
- Savvy Dentist App on the App Store
- Savvy Dentist App on Google Play Store
- Savvy Dentist Facebook Group