I’ve invited Mark Hodgson, a leading thinker in Transformation and Influence who helps business owners to unlock their inner talents for success and happiness, to talk about his lessons in leadership and the things that he has learned in his journey from transitioning from a corporate background to building a small business of his own.
In this episode we discuss:
- 02:14: Mark’s journey, the detours he went through and how he found himself in the work that he’s doing now.
- 07:29: Identifying untapped potential in your business and maximising it to its full potential. The difference between leadership and management.
- 11:50: Fundamental changes you need to transition from being key-person dependent to leading a team who can replicate you.
- 17:48: The meaning of self-leadership.
- 25:00: Role of courage, vulnerability and authenticity in terms of leadership.
- 31:15: Mark’s observations on how people push through the 2nd bases specificially around courage and change.
- 36:59: Mark’s Diagnostic Tool
- 40:07: What surprises Mark most about leadership in today’s world.
- 43:52: Top 3 leaders Mark would love to chat with.