The role of storytelling and thought leadership in a business are sometimes undermined.
In Episode 168 of the Savvy Dentist Podcast, Gabrielle Dolan joins us to tell us why these 2 topics are incredibly relevant for any business small or big. Gabrielle is a best-selling author and a highly sought-after keynote speaker and educator who has worked with thousands of high-profile leaders around the world and has helped countless of Australia’s top 50 ASX companies and multinationals to humanise their communications.
In this episode, we discuss:
- 01:33: Gabrielle’s story and how she found her way into what she does now.
- 03:20: Storytelling and leadership working hand-in-hand.
- 04:55: The reason why stories engages people so well.
- 06:29: How storytelling can compel individuals to buy into the vision, values and mission of the business.
- 08:30: Difference between vulnerability and over-sharing.
- 12:48: As a leader, you are allowed to be imperfect.
- 14:54: How political leaders can maintain authenticity and vulnerability without diminishing themselves.
- 18:40: Common mistakes when engaging people through story.
- 20:23: Anatomy of creating a good story.
- 22:51: Standing out from the crowd through effective storytelling.
- 25:36: What thought leadership is.
- 27:32: How dentists can use thought leadership.
- 29:15: The intersection of Storytelling and Thought Leadership.
- 30:45: 7 Day Storytelling Starter Kit
- 32:26: Gabrielle’s inspiring words on storytelling and thought leadership