In this episode of The Savvy Dentist Podcast, I’m joined by culture and marketing leader Robert Glazer.
Robert is the author of the inspirational newsletter Friday Forward, CEO and Chairman of the Board of Acceleration Partners, and the #1 Wall Street Journal bestselling author of several books, including Elevate, Friday Forward and How To Thrive In The Virtual Workplace.
Robert is also a sought after speaker who has appeared on the likes of TedX, The Today Show, Harvard Business Review, Inc, Forbes, Entrepreneur, Fast Company and Business Insider, alongside hosting the Elevate Podcast.
After a long and exhausting couple of years dealing with the pandemic and ensuing global implications, many people are struggling, burnt out, and have lost their way.
If you’ve been feeling a little bit flat, a little bit jaded, this episode is going to be like a shot in the arm with adrenaline that’s gonna get you revved up and moving forward.
Be sure to register for The Dental Summit here.
- [5:48] – If you are feeling like you have been living below your potential for some time, Robert explains from his own personal experience what can be done.
- [7:58] – Robert explains the four values to building capacity. Spiritual capacity, intellectual capacity, physical capacity, and emotional capacity.
- [13:36] – So, how do we build these capacities within our business and what are the noticeable consequences?
- [21:15] – What are the benefits of building capacity across your team?
- [28:54] – We often see organisations with lovely well-worded value statements posted on the walls throughout the hallways. But where does grit and determination come into the capacity equation? Why is it when things get hard, some people roll their sleeves up and get on with it, while others check out and go home?
- [37:32] – A lot of people think about culture as something warm and fuzzy, as opposed to a vehicle for achieving outcomes. So, how do we build a culture of performance in a team, from a business sense?
- [42:18] – Three business performance tips from Robert Glazer that could transform or revolutionise your thinking, and ultimately your business.