Dr Daryl Holmes is the founder and MD of 1300SMILES. In this episode we cover a broad range of issues related to the dental industry and growing your dental practice including: avoiding indecisiveness, the growth of shared practices, and ensuring you are thinking about your lifestyle now, rather than in retirement.
- The history of 1300SMILES and the role that mentorship played in Daryl’s early career
- The 1300SMILES Triple A policy – Accessibility, Availability, and Affordability
- Decision trumps indecision
- What the current trends and future projections are for the dental industry including challenges for dentists, both established and new dentists.
- How dental practices can handle this time of change including – refining your recall system, great customer service, great dentistry, and getting to “yes” with flexible payment options
- The growth of shared dental practices
- Why you need to think about your lifestyle during your working years.
- The importance of a team and how to build it
- And business lessons from football and sport
About Daryl Holmes
Daryl Holmes is the founder of 1300SMILES Limited and a qualified dentist. He practised dentistry as a RAAF Dental Officer (1988-91). In 1991, he began private dental practice in Ayr and Home Hill, North Queensland later that year. Since that time he has operated dental surgeries in the Burdekin region, the ten major population centres in Queensland and more recently in New South Wales and South Australia.
Daryl Holmes has been a member of the Australian Dental Association (ADA) for 28 years.
Daryl Holmes has been a Director and Deputy Chairman of the Cowboys Leagues Club for the past 13 years, and in May 2014 he was elected Chairman.