In this episode, I speak to Dr Derek Mahony. Derek is a Sydney based Orthodontist who has spoken to thousands of practitioners about the benefits of interceptive orthodontic treatment.
Derek has over 3,000 orthodontic patients in active treatment. He has been a keynote speaker at:
- the International Orthodontic Summit meetings
- the International Association of Orthodontics meetings
- the American Association of Functional Orthodontics meetings.
In this episode we chat about:
- The importance of having a unique selling point
- The benefits of being a disrupter in the orthodontics space
- The amount of work – there’s enough for everyone
- The rise of group practices
- The trends Derek sees emerging in Australia
- The opportunities available in this time of change
- How to master the art of delegation
- The pitfalls and lessons Derek has learned
- How to build and train an effective team