In Episode 174 of the Savvy Dentist Podcast, we are joined by fellow dentist, Dr. Omid Azami who runs the Noobie Dentist Podcast and Noobie Dentist Study Club. The Noobie Dentist Podcast and Study Club was created to give noobie dentists a safe place to connect, collaborate, learn and grow.
If you are a new dentist, associate or practice owner, you wouldn’t want to miss this interview as we talk about experiences, challenges of and advice for new dentists. For practice owners, we also touch on how to better understand your associate dentists to have harmonious relationships with them.
In this episode we discuss:
- 02:12: Dr. Omid’s backstory and how he ended up in Australia from Canada.
- 04:38: His personal experience which prompted him to start a dentist study club.
- 06:00: Next steps after putting up together the study club.
- 07:48: Challenges young dentists face today.
- 10:36: Dr. Jesse shares his experience on his first job.
- 12:12: The things that Dr. Omid thinks would have been great to have been included in their uni curriculum.
- 14:23: Dr. Omid’s advice for new graduates to excel in the field.
- 18:19: Understanding your associate dentists better.
- 21:01: Dr. Jesse’s experience and his advice to associates on the topic of interacting with staff.
- 23:24: Future plans for the Noobie Dentist.