Episode 183 of the Savvy Dentist Podcast is a very insightful and interesting conversation with Scott Andersen, Co-Founder and Director of Stakeholder Stewardship at Aritsan Dental. Scott generously shares their experience of being a Certified B Corporation practice and the practical and tangible steps they took to make sure they are operating in a commercially successful way while being economically and environmentally sustainable.
I personally think that Conscious Capitalism is going to be a future trend. There is now a growing movement around it. And in this episode we are going to learn more about how it can improve your business, team fulfillment and retention, productivity and give you personal and professional satisfaction like how Scott and his wife experienced with Artisan Dental.
In this episode we discuss:
- Scott defines his role in their practice as the Director of Stakeholder Stewardship and lists down the 5 stakeholder groups in their business.
- Scott shares an example of what his role involves on a day-to-day basis.
- The backstory of how Scott arrived at this point in his career.
- Understanding what a B Corporation is and where it falls under the umbrella of conscious capitalism.
- Trends that will likely evolve in the movement of conscious capitalism.
- Their experience in becoming a Certified B Corporation.
- 4 tenets of conscious capitalism.
- Scott explains conscious culture and how they apply it to their practice.
- Commercial benefits of conscious capitalism for the business and its stakeholders.
- Our practice’s water program with B1G1 as an example of conscious capitalism.
- The first steps to take to start and implement conscious capitalism in your business.
- Their practice’s success that they attribute to being a B Corporation.
- The most interesting experience they’ve had since embarking on this journey.
Find out more
- B Corporation Website
- Conscious Capitalism Website
- Conscious Capitalism Book by John Mackey & Raj Sisodia
- Firms of Endearment Book by Raj Sisodia & Jag Sheth
- Savvy Dentist Academy
- Savvy Dentist: Earn More, Work Less Video Series: 20 Pro Tips Created To Help You Power Up Your Practice’s Performance
- Dr Jesse Green Dentist Only Facebook Group
- Dr Jesse Green Podcast
- Savvy Dentist App on the App Store
- Savvy Dentist App on Google Play Store
- Savvy Dentist Facebook Group