<div class=”row” style=”background-color: white;”><!– –><table style=”width: 100%;”><!– –><tbody><!– –><tr><!– –><td style=”text-align: center;”><a href=”https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/the-savvy-dentist-with-dr-jesse-green/id1097462807?mt=2″> <img src=”http://drjessegreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/itunes-download.png” alt=”” width=”137″ height=”50″ /> </a></td><!– –><td style=”text-align: center;”><a href=”https://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=157204&refid=stpr”><img src=”http://drjessegreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/stitcher-01.png” alt=”” width=”195″ height=”50″ /> </a></td><!– –><td style=”text-align: center;”><a href=”https://audioboom.com/posts/7544495-bridging-the-gap-with-dr-tom-giblin.mp3″ target=”_blank” rel=”https://audioboom.com/posts/7544495-bridging-the-gap-with-dr-tom-giblin.mp3 noopener”><img class=”alignnone” src=”http://drjessegreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/download-2062197_960_720.png” alt=”” width=”158″ height=”50″ /></a></td><!– –></tr><!– –></tbody><!– –></table><!– –></div>
My guest today is Dr. Tom Giblin and I’m very excited to have him on the program. Tom is a prosthodontist and he’s an educator and he’s known for both his clinical excellence and his ability to teach things in practical, simple ways.
Our conversation today is wide ranging – we covered a lot of ground, lots of different topics. What I’ve always really appreciated about Tom is his generosity, his willingness to share his openness as he discusses all the things going on in specialty practice and some of the trends that he sees that are going to impact, not just specialty practice but general practice as well.
In this episode we discuss:
- [2:41] Backstory on how Tom became a prosthodontist.
- [7:02] The things Tom learned from his dad while growing up.
- [8:27] Doing the fundamental things.
- [14:18] Tom’s role as a prosthodontist.
- [18:52] Dealing with things that haven’t gone so well from a general dental point of view.
- [21:40] Building good relationships with specialists.
- [27:32] Business model of specialist practice.
- [31:40] Lab flow and considerations when purchasing gear.
- [38:42] What constitutes a good referral and a good referrer.
- [41:38] Lessons and learnings on Tom’s journey and role in the specialty practice.
- [45:27] The top few people Tom would want to have if given the chance to host a dinner party.
Find out more
- Dr. Tom Giblin’s Facebook page
- Scaling Summit
- Savvy Dentist Website
- Savvy Dentist Academy
- Savvy Dentist: Earn More, Work Less Video Series: 20 Pro Tips Created To Help You Power Up Your Practice’s Performance
- Dr Jesse Green Dentist Only Facebook Group
- Dr Jesse Green Podcast
- Savvy Dentist App on the App Store
- Savvy Dentist App on Google Play Store
- Savvy Dentist Facebook Group