In this episode of the Savvy Dentist podcast, I have a very interesting conversation with Eric Hunley of the Unstructured podcast. Eric is a long time podcaster with over 250+ episodes and a growing YouTube channel.
Our chat revolves around the topic of communication which is super important for anyone who owns a business, including dentists. We also talk about the art of listening, vulnerability and rapport. He generously shares many skills & practical tools to enhance your communication skills through effective listening. You will definitely pick up heaps of gold from Eric.
In this episode we discuss:
- [03:29] What led Eric into podcasting.
- [10:34] The thing that fascinates him about different people.
- [12:31] Things he learned and improved about himself as a podcaster.
- [13:57] Particular practices that have made it easy for him to hone the skill of podcasting.
- [17:40] Elements that he’s observed in his interviews.
- [19:58] Tools and tactics you can use to build rapport and improve communication skills.
- [24:08] What drove him to running marathons.
- [29:54] His feelings about running.
- [32:28] Experiencing something similar to a “runner’s high” in the work that he does.
- [34:27] Role of vulnerability in his work and life.
- [37:23] Picking up important things in conversations with people.
- [41:38] Learning the skill of interaction and communication.
- [43:33] His experience in bullying and the impact it has had on him.
- [51:49] Words of wisdom from Eric.
Find out more
- 2-week Trial at the Savvy Dentist Website
- Free: COVID Care Pack for Dental Practice Owners
- Scaling Summit
- Savvy Dentist Website
- Savvy Dentist Academy
- Savvy Dentist: Earn More, Work Less Video Series: 20 Pro Tips Created To Help You Power Up Your Practice’s Performance
- Dr Jesse Green Dentist Only Facebook Group
- Dr Jesse Green Podcast
- Savvy Dentist App on the App Store
- Savvy Dentist App on Google Play Store
- Savvy Dentist Facebook Group