In today’s episode of the Savvy Dentist Podcast, a remarkable businessman is joining us to talk about working as a clinical physio to becoming a CEO of a large conglomerate of practices. Jason Smith of Back in Motion shares his remarkable story of growing from 1 practice to owning and running over 100 practices today. His story and vision of wanting to impact the lives of other people and live a life of service is reflected in his personal and business growth. It’s truly an inspiring story you’ll learn so much from.
In this episode we discuss:
- [00:50] Jason’s backstory and his impetus to grow a large business.
- [03:39] His story of working as a physio and eventually becoming a businessman.
- [06:54] How his business looked like in the first few steps of growing from 1 to 5 practices.
- [14:42] The key disciplines you need to put in place in your practice from the very start.
- [17:47] Honing your talent enhancement process.
- [23:40] The process of making your team better.
- [29:51] Their jump from 6 to 40 practices.
- [35:36] How Jason evolved through the years.
- [38:49] His thoughts on the growth of leaders and their business.
- [41:23] Jason shares his experience on shortcomings.
- [45:01] Turning point in opening 40 practices that unleashed the next part of his business expansion.
Find out more
- Jason T. Smith Website
- His Books: Outside In Downside Up Leadership, Get Yourself Back in Motion, and Top Franchise CEO’s Secrets Revealed