As business owners, we need to be the best version of ourselves to lead our team and take care of our clients. But to do that, we must first be able to take care of ourselves including our mental well-being. My guest today, Dr Jenny Brockis, author of Thriving Mind: How to Cultivate a Good Life, talks to us about self care and how we can make sure we’re at our best to support other people in our life. We talk about a multitude of things including burnout, brain health, mental well-being, anxiety and so much more.
In this episode we discuss:
- [03:58] Jenny’s impetus for writing her book Thriving Mind.
- [06:45] Attributes of people that makes them more susceptible to burnout.
- [11:15] Reconnecting and re-discovering things that make you happy.
- [16:27] What is brain health and how do you cultivate it.
- [19:20] The importance of rest, sleep and other factors to brain health.
- [22:34] Why you need to look for the root cause of your issues.
- [28:26] Setting and keeping boundaries.
- [31:58] Jenny shares her thoughts around resisting other people’s obligations.
- [34:38] Dealing with and reducing stress and anxiety.
- [41:02] The default setting of our brains.
- [44:26] Practicing habit stacking to achieve success.
- [47:51] Practicing self-care to restore and replenish.
- [50:28] A quick synopsis of Jenny’s Mental Well-being course.
Find out more
- Dr Jenny Brockis Website
- Thriving Mind Academy
- Book: Thriving Mind: How to Cultivate a Good Life
- Atomic Habits – James Clear