Paralympian Ellie Cole is like no one you’ve ever met before. After losing her right leg to cancer at age 3, at the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics, she became Australia’s most decorated female Paralympic athlete.
With a record-breaking 17 Paralympic medals and OAM to her name, Ellie Cole is an extraordinary athlete. Overcoming injuries and adversity, Ellie has risen to prolific heights and, in recognition was honoured as the flagbearer at the Tokyo 2020 Closing Ceremony.
In this episode we discuss:
- [2:10] – Being conscious about setting milestones and goals is important as an elite athlete, however it’s just as important for all of us in our dental businesses.
- [4:47] – The mantra of “I’ll be happy when … or, I’ll be successful when …” can be incredibly dangerous in business and in the Olympic medal chase.
- [7:17] – What does success and chasing dreams teach us about life in general?
- [9:01] – What does failure teach us about ourselves?
- [10:47] – When obstacles and life gets in the way of us working towards our business goals, how does it relate to the pursuit of gold Olympic medals?
- [14:12] – If we prepare well for something, often we can assume or relax about the outcome. Executing a race plan on the day can help us understand the preparation necessary to succeed.
- [18:10] – Understand the passion that can drive, maintain … and lead us to our goals.
- [20:51] – Mentoring and guiding our teams is an important leadership skill. Ellie explains some simple ideas she applies in the swimming fraternity that we can utilise in our dental practices.
- [23:47] – Looking after ourselves and re-charging is incredibly important … as it is for elite athletes.
- [28:07] – Ellie’s experience on how the Para Olympics has evolved over the past 8 years.
- [36:24] – Interview ends.