There are a growing number of people who I speak to who are at the stage in their life where they not feeling truly fulfilled.
Maybe they are looking for external factors for fulfilment, rather than looking internally.
Back in 2007, I owned a very successful practice, on the outside, everything looked perfect. However, I was really unhappy and I just knew I couldn’t keep this up in the long term. I just was not feeling fulfilled.
I had a radical life change. I sold the practice and my house, skipped states and moved to Brisbane to then find what I was truly passionate about.
Now I’m not saying you have to do what I did, but through becoming more conscious you can make small changes to getting back on the right track.
Most people are scared of their defining moments, rightly you should be. Change does not happen without some level of fear.
You need to experience some level of fear in order to have a defining moment.
You need to ask yourself some questions to start to experience a breakthrough.
Ask yourself these 4 questions:
- What do I want in my life?
- What really motivates me?
- What would really make me feel fulfilled?
- How do I go about achieving fulfilment?
High Performers in the long term are not the best at self-care and continue doing what it is that makes them happy outside of work. This had led to burn out and feeling like they don’t have a work life balance.
She spoke about how Bill Gates, will spend 7 days once per year in a cabin in a forest just reading and taking time out to unwind and not do any work. And that’s where some of the deepest insights can come from, by just doing nothing.
Now I’m not saying you have to take it to this extreme however, I do encourage you to take some time out at least once per week to rest and reflect.
Look for motivation
Look at what got you to where you are today. Look at all of the actions and focus that contributed to your success.
Then really dial in on that so you can replicate it, and discover what it is or who you need to become to get you to that next level.
Remember what got you to where you are today, will not get you to where you want to be. Become conscious of the steps you took in the past to level up.
Having a high level of consciousness is a powerful weapon in life and in business. It can sharpen and use to hone your trajectory, your messaging, and your success.
You might be surprised to find what falls into place when you take the time to reflect.
Having defining moments is a journey and typically does not come quickly nor easily.
Finding fulfilment is internal and is not achieved through business success. It is achieved by results in all aspects of out lives.
We need to take time off to reflect on our lives in order to have a greater impact on our own lives, our business, family and the community that we serve.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready …. here are 4 ways I can help you grow your dental practice:
- Grab a free chapter from my book “Retention – How to Plug the #1 Profit Leak in Your Dental Practice” The book is the definitive guide to patient retention and how to use internal marketing to grow your practice – Click Here
- Join the Savvy Dentist community and connect with dentists who are scaling their practice tooIt’s our Facebook group where clever dentists learn to become commercially smart so that they have more patients, more profit and less stress. – Click Here
- Attend a Practice Max Intensive live event Our 2-day immersive events provide access to the latest entrepreneurial thinking and actionable strategies to drive your practice forward. You’ll leave with a game plan to take your results to the next level. If you’d like to join us, just send me a message with the word “Event and I’ll get you all the details! – Click here
- Work with me and my team privately If you’d like to work directly with me and my team to take your profit from 6 figures to 7 figures …. just send me a message with the word “Private”… tell me a little about your practice and what you would like to work on together, and I’ll get you all the details! – Click here