Today, I’m speaking with personal branding expert Jane Anderson.
The ability to market and sell yourself as a dentist has never been more important than now. The rise of experts in their field and access to industry leaders on social platforms has leveled the playing field. For those dentists who wish to stay ahead of the game, they need to be positioned effectively to sustain their practice for the long haul.
With over 20 years experience, Jane Anderson has helped over 20,000 people to build their personal brand. She has worked for personally branded businesses since she was 14 years old and has been featured on Sky Business, The Today Show, The Age, Sydney Morning Herald, BBC & Management Today.
Jane holds one of the top 1% viewed LinkedIn profiles & is the host of the “Jane Anderson Show” Podcast. She was nominated for Telstra Business Women Awards in 2014, 2016 & 2018. She has been voted in the top 30 branding gurus globally and her blog is in the top 25 branding blogs in the world.
The author of 5 books, Jane is also the creator of the Lead Generation Indicator, the world’s first diagnostic for experts to identify marketing gaps in their practice. Her signature program “Expert to Influencer” is renowned amongst industry experts earning over $500k+ and mentors her clients to double their practice within 12 months.
She also trains Business Managers, Business Coaches & Personal Branding Consultants to become Certified ‘Expert to Influencer’ Practitioners.
In this episode, we discuss:
- 05:43: Why is personal branding important even for dentists
- 08:48: How to leverage your personal brand
- 11:29: The relationship between trust, patient retention and personal branding
- 14:43: 3 key factors to help you build trust
- 17:53: How many touch points it currently takes to build trust and what that might look like in the future
- 19:37: The power of small and how you can use it to your advantage
- 22:13: The practical elements of creating a personal brand
- 26:40: Common personal branding mistakes and how to fix them
- 29:23: The potential ROI on becoming an influencer
- 31:10: Reputation management
- And more